چگونه یک تز بنویسیم

 چگونه یک تز برتر بنویسیم



About Paper Writing

 ‘If you haven’t written it, you haven’t done it.’
  Success as a scientist is not simply a function of the quality of the ideas we hold in our heads, or of the data we hold in our hands, but also of the language we use to describe them.
         One of the greatest paradoxes in research is that, regardless of the field, work must be written and published before it can be considered complete.
  Writing a paper should be an active part of your research. If you wait until your studies are finished before you begin to write, you will miss a powerful tool.
  From the day that you completed undergraduate training and decided to become a researcher, your circle of colleagues or potential colleagues expanded from being a relatively few fellow students to an indefinite number of fellow researchers from all over the world. Communicating with them is a very different task from the one you were involved in as a student. In fact, you may have to spend as much time writing, reading or correcting manuscripts as you do on research itself.
  ‘The spoken word evaporates but the written word stays on.’
  99% of scientists agree that writing is an integral part of their job as scientists
· Fewer than 5% have ever had any formal instruction in scientific writing as part of their scientific training
· For most, the only learning experience they have is the example they get from the scientific literature that they read
· About 10% enjoy writing; the other 90% consider it a necessary chore.
· ‘If you write it, but no one reads it, you still haven’t done it.’
· ‘If you write it up and it is read but not understood you still haven’t done it.’
· Remember, your primary aim when writing a scientific article should be to have as many people as possible read it, understand it and be influenced by it.
· ‘I have just been part of an adventure of discovery in science and I have found something that I want to share with you, the reader. In this article, I am going to take you on the same adventure and tell you what made me excited about it. In doing so I hope you will recognize and appreciate my scientific contribution.’
· “I must learn the special ‘language’ of research before I can write well.”
· Learning to read more effectively will help you to become a better writer.
· To write a paper successfully, you have to do more than commit your data and comments to paper; you must work hard to ensure that your data and comments are structured and presented so that the reader has easy access to them.

 
References

1) Scientific writing = thinking in words, by David Lindsay, 2011, CSIRO Publishing.

2) Science research writing for non-native speakers of English, by Hilary Glasman-Deal, 2010, Imperial College Press.

3) From Research to Manuscript: A Guide to Scientific Writing, by Michael Jay Katz, 2009, Springer.

4) A Scientific Approach to Scientific Writing, by John Blackwell and Jan Martin, 2011, Springer.

5) English for Writing Research Papers, by Adrian Wallwork, 2011, Springer.

6) Writing scientific research articles: strategy and steps, by Margaret Cargill and Patrick O’Connor, 2009, John Wiley & Sons

7) English for Academic Research: Writing Exercises, Adrian Wallwork, 2013, Springer.

8) Writing for Science and Engineering: Papers, Presentations and Reports, by Heather Silyn-Roberts, 2013 Elsevier Ltd.

9) Guide to writing as an engineer, David Beer, 2014, Wiley.

10) Writing and Publishing Science Research Papers in English: A Global Perspective, Karen Englander, 2014, Springer.

11) Writing Science: How to Write Papers That Get Cited and Proposals That Get Funded, by Joshua Schimel, 2012 by Oxford University Press.

12) McGraw-Hill’s Concise Guide to Writing Research Papers, by Carol Ellison, 2010, McGraw-Hill.

 

For More Readings:

 

1) How to Write Technical Reports, L. Hering, H. Hering, 2010, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.

2) Handbook of Scientific Proposal Writing, A. Yavuz Oruç, 2012 by Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.

3) Writing for Conferences: A Handbook for Graduate Students and Faculty, Leo Mallette and Clare Berger, 2011, Greenwood.

4) English for Academic Research: Vocabulary Exercises, Adrian Wallwork, 2013, Springer.

5) English for Academic Research: Grammar Exercises, Adrian Wallwork, 2013, Springer.

 

 
Other Links
 link
645